Are you concerned with the aesthetics of your teeth and gums? Do you want a straighter and more uniform smile? Owens Cross Roads dentist Dr. Elizabeth Duling offers cosmetic dental services. She helps patients who want to revitalize their teeth or improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Cosmetic dentistry addresses imperfections with treatment that can actually prevent future dental or oral health problems.
How Does Cosmetic Dentistry Improve Overall Health?
Cosmetic dental care not only improves the look of teeth but can actually contribute to better oral health. Dental veneers and dental bonding can protect the tooth enamel from cracks and chips that can wear down and weaken teeth. Infection can enter the tooth chamber if there is damage to the tooth, which can ultimately lead to tooth loss.
Patients with TMD who undergo Botox can stop headaches and facial pain at the source. TMD is a dental issue that can lead to damaged and worn teeth caused by stress. Botox and other TMD treatments alleviate pain and stop further damage to teeth.
Clear braces like Invisalign, ClearCorrect, and Six Month Smiles not only straighten teeth but also prevent problems caused by crooked teeth. Patients with misaligned or crooked teeth are more at risk of developing gum disease or dental infections. It is difficult to clean between crooked teeth, so bacteria can easily build up in areas that are hard to reach.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Owens Cross Roads, AL
We offer multiple cosmetic dental treatments that address tooth damage, TMD pain, and crooked teeth:
- Botox and Dermal Fillers: Dr. Duling offers Botox, dermal fillers, and PRF facials to help patients look their best. Your dentist can actually use Botox to treat painful symptoms of TMD such as headaches, jaw pain, and facial pain. Dermal fillers, Botox, and PRF facials can all improve the look of fine lines on the face and smooth the skin. Dr. Duling will help you determine which option will work best for your specific needs.
- Clear Braces: Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, and ClearCorrect offer a more modern way to straighten crooked and misaligned teeth. ClearCorrect uses thin aligners to straighten teeth over time. Invisalign also straightens teeth over time but uses a thicker plastic. Six Month Smiles utilizes braces with clear brackets. These braces may also have a quicker treatment time than other options.
- Porcelain Veneers: Tooth veneers can restore the appearance of the front of a tooth while maintaining its functionality. Veneers are ceramic shells that can treat chips, cracks, and stains in tooth enamel. These shells are ultra-thin and do not require much tooth preparation. Porcelain veneers are also a more permanent solution for cosmetic dental concerns.
- Tooth Bonding: Dental bonding is a more cost-effective alternative to porcelain veneers and is beneficial for patients who are just trying out cosmetic options. It can treat imperfections just like veneers but is not a permanent solution. Tooth bonding uses a resin material that is color-matched to natural teeth. Your dentist will shape and mold this resin material over the tooth enamel and harden it with a special light.
- Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that can remove stains and discoloration from the teeth. The results lead to a brighter and more attractive smile. White teeth can impact a patient’s self-esteem, making them feel more confident and comfortable. Additionally, teeth whitening is a non-invasive and relatively affordable cosmetic dental procedure.
Cosmetic Dental FAQs
Some patients have additional questions about our cosmetic offerings, including:
Does insurance cover cosmetic dental treatment?
Every patient will have different coverage. However, most policies do not cover cosmetic dentistry since it is elective and not medically necessary. Our team will help you determine your options for coverage. Dental insurances more often cover restorative dental treatments since they are necessary for optimal oral health.
Which clear braces treatment is right for me?
Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, and ClearCorrect all come with different pros and cons. Invisalign and ClearCorrect both use clear aligners to gradually straighten teeth. Six Month Smiles are a more noticeable orthodontic treatment but can offer a quicker treatment time. Additionally, they make Invisalign with a thicker, more durable plastic than ClearCorrect. On the other hand, ClearCorrect aligners are thinner and less visible.
If you want to straighten your smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Duling. She will help you choose a treatment depending on your specific needs.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Just like any other cosmetic treatment, cosmetic dentistry can positively impact your life. Improving the appearance of your teeth will make you beam with confidence when you smile. This will improve your self-esteem. However, cosmetic dentistry is also good for your health. Certain treatments can improve the function of your teeth and your overall oral health.
Contact Our Dental Office
Do you want to try cosmetic facial or dental treatments? Schedule an appointment with cosmetic dentist Dr. Duling online or call her Owens Cross Roads dental office at 256.202.4186. If you have any remaining questions about your treatment, feel free to let Dr. Duling or a member of her staff know. They will be happy to help.